Craig and I were fortunate that we both went in to work together the next day. It was nice having him around for support and to help me remember to keep a lid on the volcanic information I was sitting on. The day was difficult to say the least. I was a ball of nerves, and exhausted from the lack of sleep from the night before. I desperately wanted to shout it from the roof tops but, we had decided to sit on the information and tell everyone more formally come Christmas, and after a doctors appointment. Not to mention, the chance of a miscarriage would significantly decrease after that time period was up. We figured out that I was six weeks pregnant (actually 3 if you count from conception). Christmas would make it about 8 or 9. That sounded safer.
The entire day I was starving and my stomach ached. I felt like a grape fruit had suddenly grown overnight in my abdomen and my stomach. It was not helpful that the entire day I had pinching pains and cramps in my uterus. This kept me worrying all day. Was I going to have my period? Was I having a miscarriage? Ectopic? Hypochondriac? Who knows what? I did not feel like this the day before. Needless to say, the day drug on and on. Craig and I could not so much as give each other a wink or a caring look for fear that someone would ask what was going on. We went into stealth mode, and my brain went into worry mode. Feelings of nausea soon followed.
Fortunately Craig and I decided to take a lunch out, alone. This gave us a chance to talk alone a little bit, and to get another pregnancy test. Crazy I know. Did we really need another one? No but, I think we have a thing for the number four and we knew that if we had four positives it would really be true. The rest of the day labored on into an evening of tutoring, during which I also had to keep my secret at bay. Once the day was over we hit the sack, still in shock.
No comments:
Post a Comment