Shannon’s bachelorette party, also known as the day of truth. If I could keep the news all day, I could keep it for the rest of my life. A room of ten of my close friends, food, drinks, and merriment was just a situation waiting for a disaster. (Aside: We made sure that the drinks we had on hand were virgin with the option of adding alcohol and the henna was pregnancy safe all for a friend who was pregnant. Boy was I lucky. I had a great, and true, cover.) One friend is VERY pregnant, Sara, so, much of the conversation of the day was about pregnancy and getting pregnant and who would get pregnant next. Oh dear. That is when it really got hairy. Ket stated that it would be me. That she had been having dreams that I was going to have a baby in the summer. That she could see me with a baby in my arms in the sunshine. Oh dear. Could it get worse? Yes. Sara, the VERY pregnant friend chimes in, “Oh yeah! I had a dream last night that Ashley was pregnant! They say that pregnant women usually dream about other pregnant women.” Oh dear. She was right and I just wanted to yell it from the roof tops. I kept quite and did my best to brush it off. Another friend, Katie, pulled me aside, and told me she was late by a week and a half. Oh dear again! That she thought she could be pregnant but, that she had taken a pregnancy test that morning and found it to be negative. I talked her through it the whole way, wanting to share my story but, keeping it to myself. By this point, I could have sworn that I was at a baby shower! I was going to go crazy. I had to excuse myself from the room for a little while and talk to Craig about what had happened, he was hiding in the ham room/ basement for the day. He found what I was going through hugely funny. I suppose I did to. What people did not know was hilarious! If they had only known what was going though my head! Thank God for the peace of keeping your own thoughts to yourself!
Of course, I did not tell anyone. At the end of it all my brain was toast but, I had managed to keep away from the alcohol all night without anyone really noticing at all. Or at least no one seemed to notice but, you never know what it going through someone else’s head. Right? ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment