Monday, December 28, 2009

December 28, 2009


Telling My Family
This time we did not have to wait around for people to arrive. We were actually the ones who were late. We were also sad to learn that Craig K and Elizabeth were both sick and not feeling well at all. It definitely took away their Christmas spirit. They still came but, emotions were raw and they were tired. We hoped to make them feel a little bit better with our news. Craig and I once again took the opportunity right away to tell everyone. Sitting around with a lump in your throat is not fun so, we dove right in. We had everyone sit in the living room and handed them the wrapped preggo jars. Once again, we had everyone open them at the same time and video recorded their reactions.
My moms general reaction was disbelief and excitement. My dad, rubbed his bellying saying that he was not pregnant and followed it up by an, "Awwwww. Shit!" I am not sure if this was a good thing or a bad thing! Hahaha. I am hoping his reaction stemmed from the idea that he may have already figured out that we were pregnant. He is a pretty sharp guy, and there were a couple of opportunities where he could have seen a picture or heard something he shouldn't have. Either way, he was excited and he, along with everyone else, were very happy for us and gave us congratulations. I enjoyed the sparkly eyed looks that everyone gave me as some joy/disbelief set in. I would love to remember those looks for the rest of my life. Especially my moms. It was priceless.
For the rest of the day we celebrated Christmas. We had a brunch, opened gifts, went to see the show, "Oliver," and went to eat at Brio's Tuscan grill. Babies and pregnancy was much of the discussion throughout the day. Lots of talk about how big the baby is/was, how long we had known, and how I felt. My mom wanted to know if I was taking care of myself properly, of course. I think discussion of the ultra sound and doctors appointments helped to settle her worries. I have a feeling she will worry the whole pregnancy though, and she should, she is a mom. I may not be a mom yet but, I am already doing my fair share of worrying. There are a million things to think of. For now, I just want to try to be content knowing that our dearest loved ones are sharing in our joy and excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment