I thought I would start a little mini topic series called, "Things no one ever tells you about pregnancy..." I will try to occasionally post things that I find to be true of pregnancy, and that no one talks much about. I have a feeling that this mini topic series may be graphic so, if that does not interest you, skip posts with this title!
To get the ball rolling, I found and interesting quote today, that made me laugh not just because it was funny but, because it was true.
"No one ever told me that I may feel baby hiccups in my rectum; that my nipples were going to crack apart into dozens of small sections that resembled dried desert mud; or that I would be entitled to a "pregnancy card" that would be handy when cutting a toilet line of 100 people."
~Stacy Quarty
Author of the book "Frankly Pregnant"
I have not yet used the "pregnancy card" for bathroom line entitlement but, I sure have excused myself from work conversations and meetings with my boss. I just get a certain look on my face, and say excuse me as I quickly head to the bathroom. Fortunately, most people get the idea! Lol! Some even laugh at me as I walk away.
As far as the hiccups in the rectum...yup...feels like you are going to crap some kind of rhythmic metronome! Hahahah! It is a very strange feeling. Oh and don't get me started on desert mud. I am just not sure which to call Mojave and which to call Sonoran!
TMI? I warned you! These are the important things...the things women just don't talk much about but, that you have to laugh about to keep your sanity!
Really desert mud and hiccups. I never experienced that. Now gallbladder attacks I can give you a long history scariest thing I ever experienced.
ReplyDeleteOh the hiccups in the rectum is the funniest thing! I can tell whether the baby is head up or down based on where I can feel the hiccups! I also think where I feel them has a lot to do with the fact that the baby spends much of his/her time very low. I hope that this starts to change soon though. I don't really like getting poked in the waist band area all day. Makes me feel like taking my pants off all together is the only way I will have any relief! Hah!
ReplyDeleteGallbladder attacks sound like no fun! I am not sure I would even know what a gallbladder attack was if I had one though! I would probably think it was my kidneys or appendix or who knows!
I feels like some one is taking a red hot poker and impaling you and spinning you around on it. sorry for the graphic nature although the was just me Brandon had a much different experience. Just really uncomfortable. Hope you do not have to experience it at all. I had it removed after Anita. Mason was a whole new set of problems. I was afraid to walk up more than 3 stairs alone because my hips and knees would give out. I would be standing and I would just collapse sometimes, but that only happened in the last two months though. It seems like all is going well. Oh yeah how did the tops work out for you? We have more toys too!
ReplyDelete