Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Critial Mass

Merriam-Webster.com
Main Entry: critical mass
Function: noun
: a size, number, or amount large enough to produce a particular result


I would never have thought that I would reach critical mass so quickly but, I have. My skin has now decided to throw in the towel in some areas. I would have given it another month or two easy! Boy was I wrong! My skin has decided that stretch marks is totally the way to go. I think it doesn't realize the journey that still lays ahead. For now, my hips, and breasts, and.....belly button (!!??) have begun to give in. I am sure there will be more areas to follow. At least for now my stomach still looks ok. It is starting to take on a nice little stretched out shine though...... wonder how much longer it will have until it too reaches critical mass....

2 comments:

  1. if it makes you feel any better, i reached critical mass for my thighs and breasts as a teen, and revisited critical mass on my sides and arms as an adult... and i have never been pregnant. <3
    i like to think of my stretch marks as "tiger stripes" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of "tiger stripes"! :-D

    I really want to embrace the whole changing body thing, and in some ways I do but, there is still some little part of me crying silently. Knowing that my body will never be stretch-less again. Makes me wonder why I didn't appreciate my body more before it happened. Hummmm. I am sure that can be said of a lot of things in life.

    ReplyDelete