Well, not total relief but, some pregnant/giant belly version of it. I am completely, stinking, happy to say that I am feeling much much better today. My nausea seems to have abated, except during fleeting moments...and I can deal with fleeting moments! The pain I was experiencing last week, I feel, was due to my uterus rising a good bit more into my abdomen combined with a little bit of overdoing it. It was horrible, and I hope it stays away for awhile. I venture to say that my round ligaments are a lot more stretched out now. Or at least they better be!
On to good news! The shrimp moves around all of the time now. Not just at certain times of the day! I am excited not to have to use the doppler monitor to check in on the little one. Now I can pretty much sit still, wait a little while, and know that the baby is alive and well. It is a good feeling. Fortunately, the movements are still amusing and cause me no pain. Although, the other day the baby did (or so I thought) stretch out and cause my uterus to grow rock hard. Or so I thought....
Welcome to the world of braxton hicks contractions! That feeling that I though was the baby stretching repeated itself the next day. I felt it a few times before I realized that it was in fact my uterus contracting, and not the baby moving. Well, today I felt a lot more of those contractions. Not often enough to be worried about, or painful. I probably felt about 5-10 of them total throughout the day. More than anything it is just mildly creepy and slightly annoying but, not anything more than that. I made sure that I was not having any more than a couple each hour, just in case but, I didn't. Nothing to worry about in my book. I will be sure to ask my dr. about it when I go in next assuming it continues this way. I have just figured that I tend to feel more, earlier than most people. Probably because I am meticulously, ridiculously in tune with my body. Yay for me! I think....
:-)
On to the best news of all! We go in for our gender ultrasound in something like 11 days! WHOOOOOOOhooo! Most importantly, we will see how the little one is doing/growing and make sure everything is in its place and is going according to plan. Yay! I have a feeling that week 20 will be the best week of this pregnancy!
No comments:
Post a Comment