Saturday, February 6, 2010

Getting things rolling.


So the time of being passive and just waiting is over. I tend to tell people that I have two modes, on and off. When it gets flipped to on, I want to get moving and get things done completely, in a timely manner, without stopping. I do believe that my switch has officially been turned on. I just can't stand not doing ANYTHING. So, I am not going to.

Perhaps I should clarify a bit more. So far, I have been very good about not buying gobs of baby related items and going crazy on the guestroom/nursery "renovations." Matter of fact, I have only purchased a few things from Ikea on one occasion, and Old Navy on another. Not much at all. Well that is about to change.

Tonight, I headed down to the finished side of our basement, the future home of the "guest suite," to get things going. I started by going through EVERY SINGLE box that we have storaged things in. I re-boxed (some of which got moved from boxes to plastic containers) and labeled ALL of it. Not a fun project but, it needed to be done to make room for the guest furniture to be moved from the future nursery down to the new "guest suite." While re-boxing, I stumbled upon my some of my favorite childhood baby books, blankets, and stuffed animals. Score one for nostalgia and for second hand use of my own baby stuff! WIN!

Now that things are organized in the basement, tomorrow Hubby and I will be getting the basement ready (doing some caulking and vacuuming) and moving all of the guest room furniture down. If we have enough time, I think I may even paint the nursery while it is empty! By the end of the day tomorrow the nursery might officially be a nursery and no longer a guest room. Just in time for our first big baby item to come on Wednesday...the first day of "week 16". What is it you may ask? Well.... you will have to wait and see! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment