Monday, March 8, 2010

I am walking on sunshine!!!!


Today was the day we have been waiting for, for what seems like months! Today we had our 20 week ultrasound and appointment. The ultrasound was fabulous! It is one of those events, kind of like a wedding or graduation, that you are super excited for and when it finally arrives it is gone in the blink of an eye. It was almost surreal to sit a watch our baby moving around! (I was sure to drink some apple juice just prior to the appointment so there was plenty of moving around.)

Most importantly, we were blessed to find out that the baby is healthy, and seemingly happy, and growing right on target. This was a HUGE relief to us. We were worried that my thyroid condition, and bicornuate uterus would create some problems. There were none to be seen, thank GOD. That is not to say that they could not create future problems but, we are getting closer and closer to the viability mark in terms of weeks. If we can just make it to 24 or 25 weeks (at a min.) I know that most any problems my body throws our way, we can handle. That is my new mental celebration goal. 24 weeks.

So during the ultrasound we asked lots of questions. May were answered, many were not. The big deal questions were answered though, which is good enough for me. I could also clearly see ten fingers, and ten toes. Which sounds dumb but, every organ and body part you see is a relief. One more possible complication crossed off the list. One less thing to worry about.

During the ultrasound the baby did lots of moving, and displaying his/her agility and mobility. I did not have any worries that there is PLENTY of space in there when I saw the baby reclining with his/her hands behind his/her head. Seemingly enjoying the scenery. We also were lucky enough to watch the baby practice his/her sucking reflex. Score one more for a major development not to have to worry about! It was completely adorable.

We got to see all of the babies major organs and features..... including the gender. Which we got quite a few nice views of. I think the apple juice sugar high definitely helped keep the baby moving and us seeing baby parts. The technician said that she was 99% certain that it is a...... I know. I am mean. What can I do. :-D

All in all, we walked out of the office with 12 pictures in hand (one of which we will not share for obvious reasons). I will have to post the rest in an album. I will make another post for that. We also walked out with a sense of relief and elation. I was totally walking on sunshine the whole rest of the day! Could you blame me? (It helped that it was insanely sunny out today too!) :-D

Ps. Nursery cam not working for you? GOOD. Hahaha. Ok that is mean. What I meant to say is that we took it down for the week so that I could putty the tack holes in the chair rail and paint. I definitely don't want to get paint on the camera. When the camera goes back online, the room should be painted and furniture should begin to make it into it's finial places.

No comments:

Post a Comment