Wednesday, December 2, 2009

December 2, 2009.


Time for pregnancy test number four! This time I also woke like a light but, was a bit more rested from an ok night of sleep. I completed the same old “pee on a stick” routine. Yes. Pink. This time it was darker and I did not have to wait very long to see the result. Ok, number four. That is a wrap! I decided that it was time to get into a doctor to have a blood test done.

I headed into work, without Craig. This was going to be a little bit harder. Keeping your lips sealed around a secret this good is not easy. I did spend the day feeling much better though. The grapefruit subsided to just a “full” feeling. The cramps were less severe and did not happen as often. The day brought its own worries though. Would I have nausea? Would I experience the often present and talked about morning sickness? All day I thought about what I would do to handle it at work and how miserable my life would be if I began throwing up. I gave myself a stomach ach from the worry. Not a great plan. This was similar to the day before, just a different worry to focus on.

As the day came to a close, I was exhausted but, I did not feel like a ball of nerves anymore and keeping my lips closed went ok. The day was very torturous, but ok. I was extremely careful about what I said all day to anyone. I just felt like the words, “I am pregnant” would come slipping out of my mouth with every, “Good morning!” The only person that I had said anything to so far was the receptionist at my Endocrinologists office when I hurriedly called and requested an appointment as soon as possible due to my thyroid condition. The receptionist politely told me congratulation, and that would have to be enough for me until we could tell everyone at Christmas. How many weeks away was it? TORTURE!

Week six belly pictures taken today and I weighed in at 137.5 lbs for seemingly the last time.

No comments:

Post a Comment