Friday, December 25, 2009

December 25, 2009

Telling Craigs Family
Today we headed over to the the in-laws around noon to celebrate Christmas all together. We enjoyed hanging out with just Craigs parents until Brandon, Kristen, Anita, and Mason showed up around 2ish. It was hard to sit and wait for them knowing that as soon as they arrived, we would be able to tell everyone our news. Once they did arrive, and got settled in a bit, we had all of the adults assemble in the kitchen. We handed them the wrapped preggo jars and told them to open them all together as we video taped. We got a lot of looks like, "thanks for the sauce," before Kristen realized what they meant and elbowed Brandon. At which time I chimed in, "Preggo sauce. Like pregnant. We're pregnant!" The reactions from then on can only really be done justice by watching the video. Caroline was beside herself and was totally speechless. It was great! She just stood hugging me and crying! Homer was elated and Brandon and Kristen seemed very happy and surprised! Even Anita was excited that she would have another cousin, and hopped that it would be a girl!
The rest of the day went better than I could have anticipated. Brandon and Kristen were very excited to share their advice with us and ask us all sorts of questions. Everyone seemed to make a big deal about it which was wonderful! I was afraid that since this was not the first grand baby, it would not be a big deal but, boy was I wrong! I got quite a few belly pats and rubs from everyone. Homer swore up and down that he thought something was up because I just seemed to "glow" when I came in earlier. He was just tickled pink for us! I tried to do my best not to monopolize the day with baby talk but, the conversation just kept going there! It was wonderful. It is really amazing the precious smiles people give you and the extra care they have to make sure you are comfortable when you are pregnant. I sure hope that the treatment is not just temporary and comes back at the end of the pregnancy when I really will want/need to be babied. But for now, having Caroline ask me if I needed to sit down was well appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment