Monday, January 11, 2010

January 11, 2010

This afternoon, Craig and I headed to the OBGYN for visit #2 at 4:25pm. We went with high hopes, since I had scheduled to meet with a doctor that we had not met. We were hoping that this doctor would turn out to be better than the last. The waiting rooms experience was anything but pleasurable. We even had to wait in a secondary waiting room, called the "sub waiting room." All in total we waited in the waiting room, the sub waiting room, and the office for well over an hour.

We saw the doctor for all of 10 min. during which time, she didn't even bother to sit down. She did not preform any tests (not even basic ones), or even try to listen for the babies heart beat, when we told her that we had found it from home. We did find out that the previous dr we met with was retiring, and no longer delivered babies, thank heavens. This was relieving to me. When asked if she allowed a Douala, she said that she had not worked with more than a handful but that it was fine with her. She also said that not many people in the Midwest used them and that each dr would be different. I asked about the use of the tubs at the hospital for water births, she does not do them. Blah. I expected that answer.

Next came something I was not expecting. The doctor told me that the notes on my ultra sound said that I have a bicornuate uterus. A heart shaped uterus. I asked her if I should be worried. She played it all off like it was no big deal and a common occurrence. She even gave me some line like, I see about 1-4 of these a week and the only issue is if the top part of the heart bisects the uterus very far. Thus leading me to believe that mine was not severe. She didn't bother to tell me where the baby was attached, or that it made a difference. She was very general about it and said that in some cases it causes preterm and low weights with breech presentations. All very unconcerned. I asked her if this made me high risk. She said no. Hah. I knew better.

No comments:

Post a Comment