Saturday, January 23, 2010

January 23, 2010


PANTS! GLORIOUS PANTS!

It is official. I have pants.

Ok, so I know that may come off as a weird sort of thing to write but, I challenge you to buy a pair of pants two sizes too small. Humor me here. Try wearing them unbuttoned and unzipped. Wear them around for a few weeks and see how your personality changes. Suddenly standing is terrible, and sitting down is worse! It will become a chore to move anywhere quickly and pulling them up and down to go to the bathroom is almost unbearable. Welcome to having no pants.

To make a super duper boringly long story short, I have a horrendous time finding pants that fit because I have a 36 inch inseam and I am a fairly thin person. Add to that needing a niche type of pant, like maternity, and it is a needle in a haystack kind of an affair. I looked for hours online for some pants. Went to stores, and even had friends and family volunteer their time to find me some pants. No go.

Eventually, I found a pair! They are a bit big, and I may never wash them in hot water or dry them for fear I will be left with capris. I am happy that I have a pair but, one was not enough.

Today, I took it upon myself to make another pair. It seeming like such an easy thing to do that I expected it to go horribly wrong. This is one of those kind of projects that if you mess up, you have ruined some jeans and a top. Never to be fixed or worn again. Luckily I had a pair of jeans and an old tank top lying around that were going to head to Good Will so I wasn't going to ruin anything new.

I tentatively followed some DIY advice that a friend found online and started cutting and sewing. Much to my surprise, it was not too difficult. All-in-all I only broke one machine needle (thank you zipper) and didn't have any mistakes. It was a success in my book. As for how they fit, well, I am wearing them right now while sitting on the couch. That is how comfy they are. I will be making another pair in the near future I think. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment