
Get your mind out of the gutter! Not SEX, but gender!
The days are quickly approaching to when we will find out the gender of our little one. In about 10 days we have our next doctors appointment, at which time they will undoubtedly schedule our "gender ultrasound." I don't think I want to wait until our appointment to schedule it though. I think that Monday morning, bright and early, I am going to call to see if they will schedule it. I know that calling in earlier wont necessarily mean that we will have an ultrasound any faster but, it will give me something to look forward to sooner. It is starting to seem unfair that the baby's gender can be seen and I can't see it yet! I mean, come on, I am carrying around this child! You'd think I would be the first to know! ;-) Not to mention, every day that goes by that I think I can feel the baby moving, I desperately want to be able to call the baby by name. OOooooooo, it is getting more and more exciting by the day! Want to guess what we will be having? Take the gender poll I have on the sidebar!
Fun facts for week 14:
"How your baby's growing:
This week's big developments: Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him — a process he'll keep up until birth. He can grasp, too, and if you're having an ultrasound now, you may even catch him sucking his thumb.
In other news: Your baby's stretching out. From head to bottom, he measures 3 1/2 inches — about the size of a lemon — and he weighs 1 1/2 ounces. His body's growing faster than his head, which now sits upon a more distinct neck. By the end of this week, his arms will have grown to a length that's in proportion to the rest of his body. (His legs still have some lengthening to do.) He's starting to develop an ultra-fine, downy covering of hair, called lanugo, all over his body."
~photograph and picture from babycenter.com
No comments:
Post a Comment