
This was the evening that I took the first pregnancy test. I took it more as a “want to know why my period is a few days late,” rather than an “expecting to be pregnant kind of thing.” I knew that my periods had been kind of crazy the last couple of months with lots of spotting and weirdly late periods. I figured I had pregnancy tests lying around for this sort of thing. Why not take one?
Looking back at my ovulation day in November, I remember telling Craig, “Well, just so you know, I am ovulating.” I believe he responded with a nonchalant, “Ok,” and a, “’Why not try?” Some discussion later and we officially decided that we would begin trying. No waiting until the spring as originally planned. We were trying! YAY!
When I took the pregnancy test I knew that it would not be impossible for me to actually be pregnant but, I assumed that it would take some time before I would actually get pregnant. I thought that we would have to do the whole, “lay on your back and lift your legs in the air for 20 min.,” routine before getting pregnant. That is of course, if I could actually get pregnant in the first place. Who knows with my thyroid and all? So, I “peed on the stick” not expecting much. Well, after a few slow minuets I saw a very faint line in the positive area. My reaction was, “Really? Could that be a line? No, it is just where the chemical is. A positive would be really dark pink. Maybe I need a second opinion?” I yelled into the other room for Craig to come and look but, he said he was busy. I repeated that he needed to come and look so he did. He looked at the test, then and me and said something like, “Well that looks positive!”We took a moment to hug and another test quickly followed with similar results (and Craig timing). We saw another faint pink line. Well, two faint lines was looking more and more like positive. We were both happy and shocked but, still in disbelief. We decided that another test needed to be taken in the morning. That would tell us for sure. Just in case I was indeed pregnant, we took a bunch of pictures of ourselves and of the sticks. Who knows, right? :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment