I had an appointment on Thursday. It was my "one day past due" appointment. I really didn't want to see myself going to this one but, it came, and went all the same. I was looking forward to seeing my doctor again at least; however, as it turned out I didn't. :-(
When I went to my appointment, much to my surprise, in walked the new doctor that is being hired on in the practice. The last three appointments he was present, shadowing my doctor. That was fine with me. I figured this would be the same. Nope. I kept waiting for my doctor to walk in but, he didn't. Eventually I realized this and just had to deal, and ask the doctor the same questions that I would have asked mine. I was a bit thrown for a loop, and he was nervous as heck. At one or two points I think I actually saw his hand shaking. Poor awkward guy. Poor me. I was looking for some reassurance. I did not find ANY. I tried to suck it up for his sake. It was not easy.
To make matters worse, I had already told the nurse that I wanted to be checked for progress. Ugh. This doctor was not as gentle, and was soooo nervous. I begrudgingly told him that I wanted him to strip my membranes more....ouch. See previous posts on that one. It was not a pleasant experience.
So on to the data. 3cm, 80% effaced, +2 station, and soft. Some progress made again but, that really means nothing. I think having been through this now, the next time I may just skip getting checked and let mother nature take her sweet time. I have learned my lesson for sure but, can you blame me? I am just to excited! I want to know when she will get here already!
I made an appointment for next week, coupled with an ultrasound to check in on Juliet. They will check to make sure she has enough fluid, her placenta is still supporting her and that she is doing well in there still. Once again, I hope I don't make it that long. My emotions are starting to give, my stomach is now a road map of stretch marks (goodbye drawer full of bikinis) and I am getting impatient. I think my boss is getting impatient as well. My work schedule has been all over the place, and I have officially used up my 40 hrs of PTO for the year. I have NO IDEA what I will do next week. I suppose just work from home as long as I am allowed.....
No comments:
Post a Comment