
At the moment I am learning how to do life again. It seems to be a very slow process. This is partially caused by the fact that my labor was long and the damage to my body was harsh. (Keep an eye out for my labor story in and upcoming blog.) Breastfeeding is also much, much more time consuming right now that I had even anticipated. Juliet likes to nurse about even hour... that is from start to start. So, I get about 30 min. min "me time" in between. Just enough time to go to the bathroom (and all that that entails.....another blog), get a drink and get back to the couch before she wants to eat again! I am slowing learning how to do life this way.
So far, I LOVE LOVE LOVE being a mom! I also LOVE LOVE LOVE nursing! I get to cuddle, and snuggle, and smell the sweetest little baby all day long. She really is a sweety too! She has the best temperament for a newborn! We were sooooo surprised. The nurses in the hospital even noticed her temperament and told us not to get used to it. That it would change once we got home, well so far, that is not the case! She is still a dream. Yay!!! Counting my blessings!
Craig is adjusting well too. He really took to being a dad well! Even I am overwhelmed by the love he has for her. His calmness and strength when he is with her is reassuring. He has even taught me a trick or two when it comes to being a parent! It seems like he has taken care of hundreds of babies, which is not the case at all!
Unfortunately for us, Craigs time at home is over. We even got an extra day of him being at home when we had to rush Juliet to the Dr's because of diarrhea. Boy his 7 days with her went fast. Now, he will work for the next 21 days straight, without a day off, before he is laid off. It will be very difficult but, the money will be much needed. Then he will be home again to spend some time with her while he looks for another job.
I am not sure how I am going to do with him being gone, so much but, I am sure I will survive.
Well, Juliet stirs, and my 30 min. of "me time" are up!
Next post......how my body is doing 1 week postpartum.
No comments:
Post a Comment