I have officially made it to full term! Woohoo.....
This past week has been a really difficult one. I thought that just being hugely pregnant was difficult in and of itself. This week, that kind of got put on the back burner. This past week my hubby found out that he is being laid off. The company that his company provides services for wants their bill cut. Which in turn means that one person they employ has to be cut. Craig (even having 5 years in with the company) is the low person on the totem pole. He is the guy they are going to cut. We knew that this was a possibility at some point in the future but, not until the end of a "live meet" which happens in the fall. So much for waiting until the end of the "live meet."
The timing is really the worst part of all of this. Juliet is due August 4th, and unfortunately, Craig's last day of work (and likely last day of insurance) is going to be the 27th of July. This leaves us high and dry, and with no choice but to get some COBRA coverage until we can get a better plan and find some insurance. No one wants to pay out of pocket for bills like the ones we will be racking up this month. I don't even want to think about all of the well baby type visit we will be making in the next couple of months either.....wow.
I would have liked to have continued to worry about things like stretch marks, and the pain of labor. Now, those things seem petty compared to the impending loss of medical insurance, and income. Now, I worry whether or not we should induce labor so that we can be sure she is born before his insurance runs out. Interesting timing. I wish I could see past all of this and understand, "why now?" but, God has his own plans and I dare not try to understand them.
All-in-all, there is a bright side to this (which Craig has pointed out to me). He will likely get to spend some precious time at home with Juliet. Most dad's don't get that kind of opportunity. I just hope we can figure out how to make the ends meet while he is laid off.
Not a great way to celebrate being full term...
No comments:
Post a Comment