So I was WAY to optimistic during my last post. I hastily said that it would be my last post. Hah! I would have LIKED for it to have been my last post but, that will obviously not be the case. I just can't help but be overly excited and hope that she would come early. It is funny that women hope and pray their babies will stay in the womb as long as possible but, once told they are full term just want their baby to come out! Hah! Oh well! She is healthy and that is all that matters. I am sure in years to come I will miss being pregnant with her so for now, I will just try to suck it up and be happy!
Today I went to my 39 week appointment. Here is the quick rundown for you fact seekers. Full 2cm dilated, 50% effaced, +1 station, and soft. So, pretty much the same as last week. More dilated and softer my doctor said though. I am not sure if he said that just to be nice or not! :-) He asked me if I wanted him to strip my membranes. I asked him what his opinion was. He seemed very neutral about it. I think he wanted to see what my pain tolerance was, before promising to do it. He did "some" stripping. It hurt. Not going to lie. Similar side effects to last week, but a bit more intense. I am glad to have the rest of the day at home but, I doubt it will cause me to go into labor today.
I was told that my doctor will be going out of town for a week starting Sunday. I am super bummed. I switched practices so that I wouldn't get some random doctor I had never met. Looks like that is a possibility again. I just hope that I go into labor before or after his seminar. The backup doctor that he uses delivers at B. North. I am not willing to give on the doctor AND the hospital. I think if I go into labor and my dr is gone, I will just have to get whoever is on call at Mery Fairfield. Blah. I am not happy about this prospect. Thank heavens that I know I can count on my doula's familiar face!
Also, since my dr is going to be out of town, I will not have have appointment next week. My next appointment is scheduled for Aug 5th. The day AFTER my due date. Hah! I really hope I don't go to that one......
Ps. Let me also remind those who are thinking, "one more week to go!" that that is a fallacy. I may be 39 weeks pregnant but, pregnancy is 40 weeks. A WHOLE 40 weeks. That means I have two more weeks until my due date, not one. Just in case you thought you were going crazy....or I was! :-D
No comments:
Post a Comment