So, I have made it to week 34..... and I am sure I will make it all the way! Wooo! Although, if Juliet decides to come at week 38 I would not be too terribly broken hearted! Pregnancy has been quite the interesting trip/roller coaster ride and I may just be ready to get off and meet her already! Most everything is ready for her to make her grand appearance!
On that note, I am quite happy to say that the nursery is finally finished. I have washed and neatly put away everything in it that we will need for the first few months. I have not washed her larger clothes yet but, I am sure I will have plenty of laundry opportunities to do that in the near future! :-)
I have also packed our smaller diaper bag with the items that we would possibly need for day trips out and about. I know that it will be a couple/few weeks before we head out of the house with her but hey.... I am nesting and I am allow to go a little overboard!
As far as nesting goes, it really has begun. The idea of nesting really is an interesting thing. People make it sound like it is completely some primal urge telling your brain that you have to clean without reason! Now I am not saying that there is not some biology wrapped up in it, I am sure that there is. I am just saying that nesting really makes sense in a modern way too. Let me explain what I mean.
Our master bedroom is generally not seen by anyone except hubby and I. We don't care where our clothes end up in there, or whether the carpet is vacuumed as often as the carpet in the living room. Most of the time, our eyes are closed and we are dead to the world when we are in our bedroom. We have neglected our bedroom for months without any guilt. Who cares right?
Well, that all changed when I realized that there is a good possibility that our friends and family will be in our house a little bit more than normal in the near future. They will likely be in and our of places, and spaces, that I would usually have the door closed to. One such please being the master bedroom. I am sure at some point someone will be over and I will be recovering, or napping, or any number of things in there. The last thing I want is someone to come in, trip on a stack of towels, have to maneuver around guitar cases, and sit down in a pile of cat fur just to visit me in the bedroom. I cringe thinking about that...... so the bedroom had to be cleaned......instant nesting.
I deep cleaned the bedroom in ways that it has not seen since we moved into our house....picking up, organizing, vacuuming, washing the duvet cover....I even found a furniture marker and fixed all of the little scratches that have magically appeared, thanks to our felines. I figured that Juliet will be spending time in her mosses basket in the bedroom with us for awhile so, I had best dust and get as much of the cat hair out of the room as possible. No need to give her allergies or over tax her little system. Lots of deep cleaning.
This necessary nesting idea really goes for much of the house. When people are over, I am generally playing hostess so, I fetch the things people need. As an exhausted new mommy, I will not be. If someone wants to get a glass of water, or a fork.......how do my cupboards look? Are there crumbs from who knows where hanging out in my utensil drawers? That makes me cringe......it will be cleaned. It just makes sense. You see......not crazy! Or is it?
If you come to my house, and find me on my hands and knees with a tooth brush, scrubbing the wall trim.....well. That is another thing all together! :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment