Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Milking machine.

So, I am officially 32 weeks today! Whooo hooo! That means that my little babykins shrimp has likely begun making surfactant (and will until birth)! What is that you might ask? It is a lipoprotein that is in the lungs that allows the shrimps lungs to work properly and aids in their ability to hold air! Yay! What this really means is that the babkins is working on the last major detail......LUNGS! If the shrimp was born today, he/she would be less likely to need extensive lung care. :-) It is the little things in life. Literally.

In other news, I received my "milking machine" in the mail today. I was very excited to see it, and nervous to open it as you can't return it once you have broken the seal on the box. Craig encouraged me that it would be ok and that we would need it, so I opened it....slowly. It is one expensive item, not to be able to return after all.

After hooking it all up I seriously stopped, and looked at it and thought...."What the crap is this thing so expensive for!!" It is all made out of cheap plastic and flimsy. The only redeeming fact is that it comes in a very nice and discrete looking bag and the cooler will come in handy I am sure. I am going to do my best to take care of it but seriously, I think the pump in my fish tank is built better.

I was also expecting the pump to be stronger. I guess I was thinking "milking machine" like what you would see in a cattle milking parlor. Nice and strong and productive. This is not. I suppose I will be happy after hours of using it every day that it is gentle though. I just hope it does what it is supposed to. We shall see.

I would like to think that the let down feature, with timer, will be nice too. For now I can only speculate.....

We shall see "milking machine," we shall see.

2 comments:

  1. Milking machines are awesome. I got one on loan from WIC for Mason. I loved it. It is soooo much better than hand pumping. I found pumping very relaxing. I fell asleep a couple of times. Good luck and Happy Pumping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured that if I go back to work, I will totally need it. Who wants to pump by hand three or four times a day? Not me! You'd end up with carpal tunnel or something. Hehe. Plus, with this I can pump in the car if I like. Time spent traveling in the car is down time anyways, right? Why not make the best of it. I just hope no one looks in to the car too hard!

    ReplyDelete