Monday, May 17, 2010

Almost to week 30!

I will be 30 weeks along in just a couple of short days. With it comes lots of excitement, and little bit of nerves. It is really amazing how the time has flown by. I can only imagine how the next 10 weeks are going to go. I am sure I will probably feel like that at the shrimps first birthday as well!

This week has brought a new symptom as well. I am now experiencing a good bit of hip pain, especially on one side. If you have been following my blog, you may have caught that the shrimp is breech. Or at least that is what my doctor figured the last time I was in. I agreed that there are feet or something down low, which led me to believe the same thing.

Now that the baby is a little bit bigger, I have figured out more specifically what is going on. I think that they baby is transverse. Which has led to all of the hip pains. This means that the baby's head is at one hip and the legs are at the other. Assuming the baby is facing down, this leaves hands and perhaps a foot or two, to be low. This also explains how I can feel hiccups at one hip, down low, and be getting kicked at the other hip simultaneously. It also explains why my hip hurts where I am constantly getting kicked and why my pelvis feels a little like it is being separated (painfully) in the front. A very strange experience.

I would venture to say that my heart shaped (bicornuate) uterus is to blame for this poor positioning. I just hope that the baby turns on his/her own or I am able to get the baby to turn. I have a feeling I will become very knowledgeable about the Websters technique, pelvic tilts, cold and hot pads, inverts, cat stretches, knee-chest positioning, the external version, and other breech "baby spinning" techniques in the weeks to come. Hummmm. If it can turn the baby, is safe, and I can potentially avoid a c-section by doing it, I am sure going to try!

No comments:

Post a Comment