I am sorry for the lapse in blogging again. This time it was for a great reason! Hubby and I traveled to visit my grandparents, Juliets great grandparents! We wanted to give them (and Juliet) and opportunity to meet. Who knows how many more times, if any, they will be able to see one another. Not to mention, it was wonderful to see them for myself as well. I also really wanted to take the opportunity to thank my grandmother for the three blankets that she crochet for Juliet. I know it took her hours upon hours to make them and one day Juliet will be able to fondly remember her through them. I didn't feel like a thank you card was quite enough. I had to say thank you in person.
Prior to our visit, my grandmother brought out the rocking chair that she used to rock my mother and aunts when they were babies. She also brought out my grandfathers, mothers crib. This was Juliets great great grandmothers. Wow! We took the opportunity to take photos of Juliet in the crib, and being rocked by my grandmother in the rocking chair. What a blessing! We were also fortunate enough to take a four generations picture, as my parents went on the trip with us. I can't wait to have it printed and framed.
As a whole the trip was wonderful, full of great southern seafood, and challenging to say the least. There are great things about traveling with a two and half month old and terrible things. When the trip was all said and done we didn't want to see the inside of the car again, and Juliet did not want to sit in the car seat anymore. I can't blame her. I wouldn't want to be stuck in a seemingly boring seat and pulled in and out every hour to eat. Not fun.
I am very glad that we went on the trip, and very glad to be home. I think we are going to snuggle in for the fall and winter at home now. I venture to say that once the weather gets cooler we wont be going much of anywhere and avoiding winter colds and flues like the plague!
No comments:
Post a Comment