Saturday, December 5, 2009

December 5, 2009

I spent the entire day getting ready for Sundays bachelorette party for Shannon. I got up early, made a list of about 30 things, and got to work. I was a serious working machine. I am not sure I have ever done that much cleaning in one day in my life. I was seriously crazy, and I don’t think I will ever do it again. I reached places in my house that had not been touched or cleaning in months. Nothing was going to stop me or slow me down. I even scooped a couple of cat boxes, while saying that it would be the last time. I used a few cleaners here and there that I should not have, all for the sake of having a clean house. I was careful not to inhale though and, I washed my hands frequently. If was going to throw some caution to the wind, at least I could do my best not to “throw salt in the wounds.”

Ket stopped by to surprise me in the evening. She had texted me telling that she would not make it for the bachelorette party on Sunday, when really she was coming to surprise me and stay the night early. Fortunately, she ran it by Craig. Craig let me know what was up so that I was able to hide all incriminating baby books and what have you. I could not have imagined Ket showing up, finding a “What to Expect When You are Expecting” book on my coffee table, and asking why it was there. What do you say to that? The excuse, “it is for someone else,” doesn’t work so well in situations like that. I hid everything away before she came. I even hid my camera, which by now held some very incriminating pictures. I also came to realize that the camera would not be able to be used at Shannon’s bachelorette party the following day. I would have to ask someone else to take the pictures, which was very unlike me.

Things went smoothly with Ket. Although, the almost constant talk about babies, children, and when Craig and I would be trying for kids was taxing on my brain. Ket was one person, who I thought if I told, would not let the cat out of the bag to the world. The only problem was that I knew that she was going to be around GOBS of other women at the bachelorette party. Mix women talking about babies with alcohol, and you are likely going to get a slip of the tongue. Not what I wanted at all and, Ket did not have to carry that burden around. It was not her responsibility. That was mine. I did not tell Ket. No matter how badly I wanted to.

No comments:

Post a Comment