Thursday, December 3, 2009

December 3, 2009

This was the day that I made appointments for, the “real deal.” I had to sneakily run out at various times during the day to find/call my endocrinologist and my OBGYN to set up appointments. The one with my endocrinologist as an “oh crap, get me in before my thyroid kills me” appointment. The OBGYN, as a new patient and oh, by the way, I am pregnant appointment. Of course, I had to be very discrete talking to them on the phone for fear that someone at work would hear. I am sure it was obvious by the fact that I was outside, in the cold, standing on the other side of the building that something was up. It all would have been fine if no one had come out but, of course someone had to come out to take garbage out- twice. I don’t think anyone was the wiser but, I think they may question my sanity for standing outside in freezing weather to talk on the phone. Privacy was worth braving the cold.

Things went much better today at work. I still had lots of nerves but, it was easier to keep the secret there. When my dad came to get me from work, it was a different story. I spent the evening with them trying to carefully hold my tongue while imagining what their reaction to my news would be. My mom offered me a glass of wine, and I cringed as I said that a bowl of ice cream sounded better! I don’t think that she noticed that I turned down the alcohol. She was too interested in eating ice cream. Hahaha. I loved it! The evening went well with my mom, I just mostly kept my mouth closed and focused on how nice of a surprise it would be come Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment